Next Generation Incentives Platform Helps Companies Promote Multiple Wellness Programs,
Drive Higher Employee Engagement and Manage Their Employee Wellness Strategy
BOSTON, Mass., July 25, 2011 – Companies are betting on the power of incentives-based prevention programs to improve workforce health and bend the healthcare cost curve. Yet, measuring and managing the impact of multiple health and wellness programs and incentives creates new challenges for HR managers. A recent Forrester Research survey of US employees found that with every health and wellness program offered the majority of employees were unaware of the specific health improvement programs their employers offer. What’s more, a recent Buck Consultants survey found just 37 percent of U.S. respondents have measured specific outcomes from their employee health programs. The Buck survey also found a high percentage of employers don’t know the impact of their employee health promotion efforts. In response, Virgin HealthMiles today announced its Summer ‘11 product release, which uniquely addresses the key issues organizations face with having multiple employee wellness programs.
As part of Summer ’11, Virgin HealthMiles unveils Integrated Incentives. This first-of-its-kind incentives platform leverages SaaS-based technology to help employers promote and incent all of their wellness programs in one place, streamline employee communications, and drive higher employee engagement and better results from their health and wellness strategy. The company also released new real-time reporting functionality. Real-time reports provide employers with up-to-date and easy to access information to accurately evaluate individual program performance and overall health improvements, as well as target areas for improvement and future investment. Additionally, the company announced that U.S.-based employers can now offer the company’s award-winning HealthMiles program to their employees in other regions around the world, expanding the health and productivity benefits that Virgin HealthMiles provides.
“Our research shows companies are seeking to drive higher employee awareness and utilization of their wellness programs. They’re also trying to gain better and more timely insight into the effectiveness of their programs,” said Tom Abshire, senior vice president of marketing and member engagement for Virgin HealthMiles. “With our Summer ’11 release, we’re providing employers with a streamlined way to integrate and promote their programs and get immediate information on their progress and the impact their programs are having on employee health.”
Key Benefits of the Summer ’11 Release: Integrated Incentives and Real-Time Reporting
- One place to engage and motivate employees: Integrated Incentives provides one place for employers and employees to track all available wellness programs and incentives. Employers define what programs to include and how they should be rewarded; Virgin HealthMiles sets it up and helps employers track the results. Employees gain a better understanding of what’s being offered and how to participate
- Promote and manage all the programs your organization offers: Leading organizations have created great wellness programs for their employees, yet they still struggle with raising awareness and participation. Integrated Incentives pulls together all these programs so employees have one spot to access their information. Combining Virgin’s expertise in communications and customer service along with leading technology provides employers with a proven approach to increase employee participation.
- Tailor unique incentives programs to unique segment objectives: Integrated Incentives lets employers identify specific participant segments and create tailored, motivating incentives plans for those segments. Employers can meet the needs of all their employee segments and reach company goals of seeing improved overall health across the entire workforce
- Leverage incentives dollars to get more done: Doing more for less is critical for business performance. Integrated Incentives maximizes an organization’s budget by bringing together all of its incentives programs under one umbrella. With all of these programs in one place, it’s easier to review results, add or delete programs and change reward structures based on changing business needs.
- Real-time reports point to quantifiable program impact: Organizations need timely data to show how their wellness programs are working so they can better identify areas for improvement or future investment. Real-time reporting analyzes key measures (utilization rates, physical activity and biometric shifts, incentives earnings, redemption trends), segments an organization’s workforce based on a range of factors, and offers easy-to-read graphical snapshots of how programs and strategies are working today and progressing over time.
Integrated Incentives, new real-time reporting, and international solutions are available now to current and prospective HealthMiles clients. For more information, visit the Summer '11 Resource Center.
About Virgin HealthMiles
Virgin HealthMiles provides technology-based employee health programs that pay people to get active. The company's Pay-for-Prevention™ approach, based on physical activity and healthy lifestyle change, attracts an average of 40 percent of employees who participate, which helps organizations reduce medical costs and improve employee productivity and satisfaction. Over 120 industry leaders representing more than 700,000 employees across the U.S have selected Virgin HealthMiles’ award-winning program for their employees. The company is a member of Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Group.
# # #