BOSTON, Mass., May 23, 2012—Years of double-digit revenue increases have poised Virgin HealthMiles for its next stage of hyper-growth. Today, the company announced several new executive hires and organizational changes designed to further extend its industry leadership. Since late 2005, Virgin HealthMiles has provided employers with technology-based solutions that engage employees in good health and drive real data-driven results. This news follows the company’s latest product announcement, Spring ’12, which equips employers with even more ways to better target and tailor their various employee health programs.
The newly appointed executives will be instrumental in furthering Virgin HealthMiles’ mission to deliver compelling, personalized digital health experiences that drive sustained employee engagement, healthy behavior change, and impactful results for both members and clients. The leaders hail from some of the industry’s most inventive technology companies such as Microsoft, Kenexa and Upromise.
- Tom Abshire, SVP, Products and Marketing: Abshire’s been with the company since 2008 and formerly served as its SVP of Marketing and Member Engagement. In his new role, he’ll continue to guide the company’s corporate marketing strategy. He’ll also oversee Virgin HealthMiles’ long-term product and services planning, and identify opportunities to incorporate the consumer’s point of view into the company’s products and services. Leveraging a wealth of technology experience from Microsoft, RightNow Technologies, and HP, Abshire’s new focus is the latest investment in Virgin HealthMiles’ world class products and services – most recently bolstered with the expansion of the company’s product management team.
- David Coppins, President, Client Services and Member Engagement: Coppins, former President and Co-Founder of Upromise (a 13 million member saving for college rewards program), brings a depth of consumer experience to the Virgin HealthMiles team. In this newly created role, Coppins will oversee the integration of client services and member engagement. The alignment of these two areas will ensure both employers and employees reach their goals – whether that’s engaging employees in healthy lifestyles and creating a culture of health, or achieving significant health improvements like weight loss or lower blood pressure with healthier lifestyle habits.
- Boots Crossley, VP of Client Services: A member of the Virgin HealthMiles team since 2006, Crossley’s clear focus on serving as the customer’s champion has contributed greatly to developing key relationships and helping clients reach their goals. With his promotion, Crossley will oversee all aspects of Virgin HealthMiles’ client services team and ensure the organization continues to meet and exceed client needs while delivering significant impact and value.
- Jamie McLeod, SVP of Business Development and Sales: A member of Virgin HealthMiles’ founding management team, McLeod has been instrumental in establishing key distribution agreements and developing the company’s thriving regional direct sales activities. In his new role, McLeod will oversee the company’s rapid sales growth and lead all business development, channel partnerships and sales activities.
- John Sutliffe, VP of Sales: Sutliffe joins Virgin HealthMiles from Kenexa, a global provider of business solutions for human resources. There, Sutliffe served as Global Vice President of Sales and was instrumental in directing the growth and profitability of its award-winning products. In his new role, Sutliffe will oversee all aspects of Virgin HealthMiles’ direct sales team.
“So much of our success can be attributed to the exceptional talent we’re able to attract and retain, and these executives set a high bar for outstanding leadership,” said Chris Boyce, CEO, Virgin HealthMiles. “2012 has already been a landmark year for Virgin HealthMiles, with the rapid adoption of the latest products and services we’ve introduced to meet market needs. As we plan for the road ahead and introduce even more ways for employers to engage employees in their initiatives, the collective vision of our new team will help us to push technology and industry boundaries. We’ll mark the months and years ahead with rich ideas that drive corporate growth. And true to Virgin’s roots, they’ll have innovation, value, and a great customer experience at their core.”
Virgin HealthMiles sets the standard for engaging employees and changing lifestyle-related behaviors. Its Integrated Incentives solution, a first-of-its-kind incentives platform that leverages SaaS-based technology, helps employers promote and incent all of their wellness programs in one place, streamline employee communications, and drive higher employee engagement and better results from their health and wellness strategy. And its market-leading HealthMiles program engages employees at a rate more than three times the industry average and has delivered significant results for leading employers across the country.
About Virgin HealthMiles
Virgin HealthMiles, part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, provides programs and technologies that engage your workforce in good health. Leveraging Virgin’s deep consumer roots, we create compelling, personalized digital health experiences that drive long-term healthy behavior change and employee engagement rates more than three times the industry average. Our range of Pay-for-Prevention™ solutions and program integration capabilities: drive higher awareness and engagement across multiple providers and programs; deliver better measurement and insight into the impact of your investments; and power your overall employee health strategy. Our easy-to-deploy and manage solutions feature a rich array of proven behavior change strategies, including: game mechanics, financial incentives, social networking, and many more. Over 130 industry leaders representing more than 700,000 employees have selected Virgin HealthMiles’ award-winning programs for their employees. Learn more at www.virginhealthmiles.com.
# # #